I have been reading about life coaching for years, and those books had a profound effect on me, how I see myself, the world, and the future.
When I finally jumped into coaching with both feet, through my class and the network that came with it, I found myself with many more good books to read on the subject of coaching, positive psychology, happiness, etc.
I’ve decided to give myself permission to read all of those books that seem like they will resonate with me. (Amazon prime may become my best friend!) I’m a life coach, after all, so I need to continue to learn and grow, right? I’m thinking that these things can only help me, and maybe, by extension, help you, too.
So I’m going to create a life affirming reading list, and from time to time you’ll see my book reviews here. I welcome your feedback, and maybe one of these days we can create a book club, who knows?
1. Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live by Martha Beck, 2002 (link)
2. The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) by Don Miguel Ruiz, 1997 (link)
3. The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin, 2011 (link)
4. Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the 3 to 1 Ratio That Will Change Your Life by Barbara Fredrickson, 2009 (link)
5. Self Coaching 101 by Brooke Castillo, 2008 (link)
More to come!