Feeling the pressure of the winter holidays?
If you feel like things are a mess, please scroll down and read about my 4 steps to taming holiday stress! (Or contact me!)
I wanted to share a few easy fixes for the holidays. I am one of those people who always feel broke and stressed out. I want to be extravagant, but it’s just not in the budget!
Some easy recipes:
- Rice Krispie Treats! Need I say more? These are easy, fast, cheap and delicious. And, I have never met anyone who is allergic to marshmallows, butter and rice cereal. After you put them in the pan, while they are still warm, toss some colorful rainbow sprinkles on top and you have a fun looking treat. Official recipe
- Cheese and Bacon Wraps…I saw these made on Rachel Ray last week. They were made by a kid with 3 ingredients. EASY and Yummy! Recipe
- Jiffy Apple Crisp, if you have any Jiffy Baking Mixes in your cabinet, this may be on the box. I made the Apple Crisp and it was delicious: Recipe
- Creamy Risotto-Style Chicken & Rice, this is one of those skillet meals that uses creamy soup to add texture and flavor. I use rotisserie chicken from the store to make this even faster and easier. Everyone always loves it! Recipe
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie…yep, I’ve made this one, too, and it always gets rave reviews despite the simplicity. I say go with it! Recipe
Let’s not forget the simple beauty of a fresh fruit or veggie tray with some yummy creamy dip. I will also put together a cheese and cracker tray and make it a little more interesting by adding a bowl of hummus and grapes. It’s all in the presentation, so make it look good!
OK, let’s talk about gifts…
The best advice I ever heard is as follows (I don’t know who said it!)
Give them something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read. Enough said.
Need a little token for friends or family?
- Lottery tickets
- Gift cards to Starbucks (or wherever they go)
- Beautifully wrapped cookies
- Framed personal pictures (or other photo gifts)
- Gourmet coffee or chocolate
- ITunes gift cards
- Amazon gift cards
- Infinity scarves for the ladies
I think the best gifts are those that are thoughtful, as in, you know they will use it/ like it/ eat it, etc. Wrap it up nicely and go with it. (You can find a lot of cute supplies at the dollar store, FYI!)
Try your best to remember that the people in your life aren’t here because you give the best, most expensive gifts. They are here because they love you, and it doesn’t really matter what you give them, as long as they feel loved.
May you be well, may the season be happy, and may you feel the peace!